Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Update on Smokie and Faith News

Just an update. Smokie went to the vet yesterday February 15th for a blook work recheck.  Still waiting for the results from the vet.  But she said he seems to be doing so well right now.  Just waiting to find the test results to know if we have up his meds or not.



For the past couple of days I've noticed Faith my overweight cat, making large pee puddles in the cat litter box.  I saw her drinking what I thought was a lot.  I've talked to the vet and others who have diabetic cats.  They both say that she doesn't really show the major signs of diabetes. It could be a possibility because she does weigh 17.5 lbs.   She also said it could be behavoiral as well.



I put her in a room by her self since last night with food out only in the morning and water.  So far she's peed once and it's not nearly as big as what I was seeing in the litter box.  Which is GOOD news.  This means it could be behavioral and or because she's just eating too much food.  Diabetes and or Kidney disease is still not out of the woods. I have a wonderful diabetic group who is sending me a meter so I can check her blood sugar to rule it out.



Though a wonderful idea of another angel, I am now collecting aluminum cans and other aluminum items to recycle. The money that I get from recycling the cans will go to help diet change for all the cats.  They eventually will be on all wet cat food.  The money raised by collecting aluminum cans will help for me to be able to afford to feed them an all wet diet.  Right now I only work 2.5 hours a week because of back problems. I am trying to find other jobs however, am not having any luck in that
area.  So by collecting aluminum, I can help supplement.  If anyone would like to help me, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment