Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Charlie Boy






This is Charlie, my boy.  He is 6 years old. I rescued him along with faith at the same time.  They are not brother and sister but grew up together as kittens.  Charlie has food allergies.  You'd never know it from looking at him! He eats very well.  When I rescued him he had scabs on him. They said it may be some type of allergy but were not sure.  After a LOT of trial and error, we finally found a food that he would tolerate. 

When I first rescued Charlie, he was very very skiddish.  He hid under the guest bedroom bed for several days.  We let him stay there as long as he wanted. Eventually he came out and became more secure in his surroundings.  I could tell that from when we got him that he was probably rescued from an abusive home.  He still does not trust people very much. You have to give him time to warm up to you.  Any sudden movements and he's gone .

He always wants attention from me. Anytime I sit down, he's right there pawing at me for attention.  This is a daily ritual. I will then pick him up and giving him kisses and hugs. Of course he squirms free and then looks at me like "What was that?!"  And I tell him it's attention! That's what he was looking for right?! lol

Charlie's nickname is Junior.  Because he's the younger of my two boys.  All my cats have nicknames as well as their called by names.

Charlie is very loving and gentle. He is patient and kind.  Such a wonderful boy.  I really don't think he'd adjust well to a new home.  He really doesn't trust people very well and anytime someone new comes in he goes into hiding. He's come along way from when he came home, but still doesn't completely trust anyone but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment