Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Welcome

This is the first post to introduce myself and my 6 cats which I have rescued.  My name is Melissa and I am 33 years old.  I have 6 cats which I have rescued most of them are ones that were hard to place so I took them in under my care.

In January of this year (2010) I was in a car accident which injured my back further.  I have been in therapy since February 2010 with out much success in being released from therapy.  I can only work 2.5 hours a day.  My fiance John works a full time job which just barely makes all the bills.  My job helps pay for cat expenses. 

Recently one of the cats which I rescued was throwing up about twice a day with blood in it.  The vet diagnosed him with gastritis which is an irritated stomach.  The antibiotics which he was given did not work and he went through two before the third one worked.  This in an out vet visits depleted the savings which I had for veterinary care.  Now if any one of my 5 other cats have a health emergency I would not be able to afford to send them to the vet.   I have been told that if I were to surrender them all they would most likely be sent to the humane society and be euthanized because there are too many animals right now being surrendered due to the economy.  These loving and wonderful cats do not deserve that.  I feel that they are better in my care than anywhere else.  That is why with this blog and my online store I hope to be able to get a nice account for Vet care set up so that they can get the medical treatment they may need in the future.  I didn't just want to have people donate money (you can if you'd like), but wanted to provide them with a wonderful selection of collectibles and home decor.  They get great quality items, at great prices.  Plus, the proceeds go to a good cause.

I spend $60 a month right now just on cat litter and cat food.  There is nothing left for vet care.

I will post introductory blogs on each cat and how they came into my lives along with photos.  I will also post updates as to their health and any funny and/or cute things that they may do.

I hope you will enjoy this blog. Please pass it on to your friends and join me in this wonderful cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment