Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Smokie


Smokie's Story

Smokie came into my life when I took him from a rescue group Kindred Kitties.  He was about 3 months old, he is now 9.  He had upper respiratory infection which was taken care of when I took him to the vet. 

He loves to play with grapes batting them around. He LOVES food. If you have it, he wants it.  He especially loves attention from everyone.  He loves to be petted and cuddled. You can pick him up like a baby and cradle him and he purrs.  My favorite part is that I love to lie in bed and he will lay on his back with his head on my shoulder (with my arm around him) and we'll both fall asleep.  He is so kind and gentle.  My favorite moment was when I was watching my niece when she was about 9 months old laying on my bed sleeping taking a nap. He climbed up on the bed. He layed down next to her and put his paw on her as if to protect her while she slept.

Everyone at the vets office just loves him and comments on how well mannered he is for a cat.

Smokie is the cat who recently had to go to the vet because he was throwing up food with blood.  He was into the vet twice.  And was on repeated medication.  His gastritis was very persistent but the last antibiotic with something to settle his stomach worked.  He has not thrown up in almost a week.  He was changed to wet food which has helped I believe.  I am hoping that this is behind him and he will not have any more problems in the future.








No comments:

Post a Comment