Friday, May 6, 2011

I


It's been a while since I've last updated this blog. Things have been busy over here. Finally I think all the urinary tract infections have finally gone, I am focusing on other things. Smokie is now considered stable. His T4 is now at 2.4 with the range being from (1.9 to 4.8) So he is in a good place. His next vet appointment is not needed for another 6 months!

I have applied for the Badger Fund to hopefully help me with the cost of the Radio Active Iodine treatment for Smokie. I filled out the application and will not hear the result of that decision until next Thursday or Friday. I am hoping for good news. If they can help with the amount for the procedure then all that's needed for him to be admitted is x-rays (2 views of the chest). Then I can send them to Radiocat and hopefully they will say he is a candidate for the treatment. Once he has the treatment then, he'll be cured! No more vet appointments, no more blood tests! It will be a relief!

The other kitties are doing well. The protien found in Sassy's urine when she had the UTI is now gone. There is no protien in her urine. Her urine is healthy and shows no kidney issues. YAY! She still has the red ears, and the vet attributes it to old age. But I am keeping an eye on that.

So all is going well at this point! Good news all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment